Behind-the-Scenes at a photo challenge…

photo from www.viedehusky.com

Recently I made some lovely new blog friends! Their names are Echo & Link and they are two very handsome doggies who live in the faraway place that my humans visited on holiday last year: La France! :P

Echo and Link are both rescue doggies and they are Husky-crosses. Their human, Maité, has been amazing and done lots of work and training with them – especially Link, who is a bit ‘shy’ – and she has helped them lots to forget their stressy pasts and become happy, confident doggies!

Maité is very interested in clicker training too – so Echo & Link have been having lots of fun learning new tricks – and of course, we have lots to talk about! ;-) Their blog is in French which means Hsin-Yi gets a chance to practise her French, helping me read their posts – although I have to admit, we used to write our comments in French too but it used to take Hsin-Yi 20mins to compose 1 sentence! :roll: – so now we have gotten lazy and just write our comments in English.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Echo & Link gave me a lovely present: a cartoon that their human drew of me & Muesli!

And then they gave me a challenge: to re-create this drawing in a real photo!

Of course, the biggest problem was Muesli. Could we get her to pose in the same spot as the picture, for the photo? Kitties never do anything that you want them to! Still, you know Hsin-Yi…she can never resist a challenge!

So I thought it would be funny to make a behind-the-scenes movie of us trying to get this photo. – this is pretty much what happens whenever Hsin-Yi tries to get a photo of the 2 of us together (unless she happens to find us sleeping next to each other) – so you can see what goes into getting those “great shots” – hee! hee!

*(Tip: take LOTS of pictures – hey, it’s digital, so it’s free, right? – and then just throw the rubbish ones away. If you take a LOT, there’s bound to be 1 good shot in there, right? ;-) )

So what do you think?

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPeyMHbu9BU

If the movie doesn’t play, try here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPeyMHbu9BU

Well, it’s not exactly the same as the drawing but I think we got pretty close! ;-) And we had great fun doing it! (OK, Hsin-Yi had to go lie down for a while afterwards but it could have been worse…) Thanks so much, Echo & Link for this fun challenge!

23 Responses to Behind-the-Scenes at a photo challenge…

1. We love the drawing and we loved the video! Hsin-Yi is so patient and so are you, Honey! Great job!

2. Veronique Marouze says:

You three did a really good job.
    Honey, you are really in good shape, your body is that of a young lady.

Really? Thank you, Vero! :P Actually, Hsin-Yi was just saying that she thought I looked very “saggy” in the last photo…humph! How rude!!

3. Wow, she really captured Honey and Muesli in the drawing. The video was so funny!
    You really did get a good recreation of the drawing.
    Drools and licks,
    Minnie, Mack and foster Mario

4. Murphydog says:

BOL! Excellent work!! Those kitTONs sure have a mind of their own. Mine never want to cooperate with Mom when she’s trying to use the flashy box on them!

wags, wiggles & slobbers
    Murphydog

5. Cindy says:

I think you all did a great job, especially Honey for standing there so long with all the commotion going on around her. You got a very good reproduction of the drawing.

Cindy

6. Ludo says:

haHa! This reminds me of us trying to get our christmas photo with the rabbits. You think cats is bad!
    Mum wanted to say she really enjoying Hsin-Yi’s personal blog. even though she has not commented yet. she read it sneakily on her phone at work when it pops up on facebook and we keep forgetting to go back properly to say hi.
    ~Lickies, Ludo

Oh thanks, Ludo – we’re pleased to hear that she’s enjoying Hsin-Yi’s blog! :D Oh, by the way – did you see that post I did on Steamy Buns & Sticky Rice Balls? I did that especially for you, coz you were asking about glutinous rice balls! :P

7. Hello Honey!

Thanks for stopping by our blog the other day, it’s always great to see another Dane’s blog! Sampson thinks your a very pretty lady indeed.

Your human did a great job with the photo. It’s interesting we are clicker trained but have NEVER seen a kitty clicker trained- that is something else!

Have a great week

Slobbers

8. Nicki says:

Wow. Honey you are such a patient girl. That Muesli is an imp! That video also really captures how small your house is!!

Ha! Ha! Yes, Nicki – I think it’s only about as big as your Big Silver Machine! ;-) But my humans have said that hopefully, we’ll be renting a much bigger home next year when we move to our new city – coz it won’t be expensive as Sydney!!! Sydney is terrible – it costs so much money paper to live here!

9. Lucille says:

If anyone could do it… it could only be you girls :D!!!
    Well done!!!
    Ciao Lucille :)

10. Lorenza says:

Pawesome drawing…. and super job with the picture!
    I loved the video!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

11. Taylor says:

I love how as soon as Hsin-Yi put the camera to her face you start to smile! :D Honey you are so cute!

12. Andrea says:

Great photoshoot! you did well to get Muesli in position, and Honey! your’e just a star!

13. Echo says:

Oh my god, it’s such an honnor ^^
    Such lovely words about us and our human, it almost make her cry !!

We told you this before, but we think it’s just a wonderful photo, and the video is just hilarious – is Muesly wants to become a film maker ;-) ?

Thank you so much for met our challenge, we are glad to count among your friends.

Bisous baveux.

Echo et Link

14. We think you did a great job! but we know how us cats can be!

Our Meowm saw a couple of wonderful Danes over the weekend. She didn’t get a good picture of them, but you can go to the blogpaws page on Facebook and see Brutus. We tried to link to it, but we couldn’t get the link to post here.

15. Sally says:

Great job!!!! Looks very, very good! :D

16. Jacquie says:

Wow looks like you all had fun getting that shot! Great job meeting the challenge….BTW I’ve sent you a friend request on facebook….this way I can share some pictures of our little Great Dane puppy that will be coming home on July 13th

17. WOW your owner is soooo talented. Are you a bilingual doggie too :) . Good job with the photo maybe next time you can get some slobber on Muesli.

Wags,

Maxine

18. All I can say is Honey you are a good sport. The picture turned out great and the video was a lot of fun. :)

19. Jed & Abby in MerryLand says:

We think Honey has a temperamental co-star and she [Honey] deserves a raise. Or a stand-in. However, the end result was worth it; excellent reproduction of the original drawing.

Jed & Abby

20. LOL! That was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing the video. :D I think the final shot turned out great. Honey wasn’t looking forward, but I think it’s cuter with her looking at the camera anyway. :) She’s such a good girl for standing there so long.