My cool, new eyes…and changes to my blog!

Check out my eyes! My blind eye is slowly turning a milky pale blue, after my injection to stop the Glaucoma Sickie – I was a bit worried that I would look freaky & weird but Hsin-Yi says I look like those cool doggies (like Husky doggies) who have one brown eye and one blue eye! ;-) Well, OK, my blue eye isn’t as beautiful as theirs – but it’s still prety cool!

And Hsin-Yi even told me that there is a song just about me! Yup, it’s by a lady called Crystal Gale and it’s called:

♪ ♫ Don’t it make my brown eyes blue… ♫ ♪ ♫

Hee! Hee! :P

Well, the other thing I wanted to tell you was that we had a big problem on my blog yesterday – it got completely shut down and then when it came back, all my blog comments disappeared! :-( Anyway, Hsin-Yi has been busy all morning with Dreamhost sorting it out – and they had to reboot/reload my whole blog but I’ve got all my normal blog comments back (whew!) – and the Comment box is there again at the bottom of the page.

(And you’ll be really pleased to hear that they have fixed that annoying thing where you couldn’t click back to an earlier place in the box, to edit your comment…now you can go back and click & insert & delete & edit to your heart’s content! :P)

Unfortunately, the new change means that I have lost my separate Facebook comments box that used to appear just above the “normal” blog comments – and all the lovely FB comments that everybody had written for me! :-( SOB!

BUT – don’t worry – you can still comment using your FB account, if you like. Just do it in the regular comment box below! Yup, WordPress has finally integrated Facebook into their blogging software – so now you can leave a comment using your WordPress account (if you have one) OR your Facebook or Twitter accounts – OR you can also just leave a stand-alone comment (if you don’t have any of those accounts) – and just put your name & email in the form (you don’t have to put URL if you don’t have a blog/website).

I hope that hasn’t been too confusing! :P Let me know if you don’t understand – but basically, all the comments are grouped together now. There is no separate FB comments. You can still comment through your FB account – but just use the same box down at the bottom. Thanks! :P

ps. oh yes – and my blog is “mobile-friendly” too now!

19 Responses to My cool, new eyes…and changes to my blog!

1. Jennifer says:

I can’t tell about the comment section but I just had to say THANK YOU for making your blog mobile friendly!!! As much as I enjoy reading about your adventures it was quite a pain having to pinch and scroll to read or see the full pictures. My phone is really my only means of online stuff right now, so I don’t have the luxury of just hopping on my laptop whenever I want (I even have to write on my own blog from my phone LOL). So thank you again!

Also glad to know that the eye ouchies are gone. I know Hsin-Yi is too! And I dont think you look freaky, I think it looks cool too!

2. Bernard Yeo says:

Glad to know that you are fine Honey. Certain things comes with age. It’s the same for humans we well. It encouraging to see how you are taking everything in your stride, living in the moment and living it your fullest. I have enjoyed following you on your adventures and look forward to journeying with you.

Live long and may your health proper.

3. You will always be superbeautiful to us, Honey!

Love ya lots

I’m glad you had a lovely birthday celebration, and it’s great to see how happy you are now that your eye is fixed up. You have a beautiful blue eye!

5. Hsin-Yi thanks for going thru all that trouble trying to get Honey’s blog up and running. Must have been scary when the blog shut down and the comments were gone! We love reading Honey’s blog and just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you put into making Honey’s blog pawsome!!!

6. Cathy N. says:

Yup… as usual you are the coolest dog in the world! Love your new look!

And thanks to Hsin-Yi for fixing your blog… Cathy always get grumpy when she has trouble with my blog so I know how things can go! We also like that we can go back and fix mistakes in our comment (since we always make at least one mistake… whoops!).

Keep drooling my friend Honey.

Nibbles and Neck Wraps
    Daisy

7. Ludo says:

Honey, you still the most beautiful girl with lovely soft loving eyes. You look cool with your blue one!

8. 2browndawgs says:

You look beautiful Honey. Glad you got your blog problems sorted out. It can be irritating. :)

9. Honey, you are gorgeous. Eyes come in all sorts of cool colors. My nephew has an eye that is half blue and half brown, but you have to look real close to tell.

10. Sam says:

We love your beautiful eyes!

…and Mom is glad they fixed the thing about editing your comments – she can be a bad typist at 3am in the morning. She has lots of thing to fix usually.

11. Nightshade says:

My human will no doubt be very happy with the changes on your blog! Now she’ll be able to read your new messages to me from her phone whenever we’re away for the day. ;)

Btw: your eye looks really good, Honey!!

Slobbery kiss,
    Killian

& big hug from Karolien

12. Michelle says:

I just LOVE you guys. I think you look FABULOUS, Honey! Diggin the new blue eye. Wish I lived closed enough to get to know you in person but I live in the USA so that will never happen. BUT … I am there with you in spirit. Also, loved your Birthday pics. You’re the BESTEST (lol) to share your cake with your sister, Meusli. Take care!

13. Dexter says:

Your eyeball is now a science project. Momma is fascinated.

Kisses,
    Dexter

14. Miss Honey, you will always be a gorgeous woofie to us!!!

15. Madeleine says:

Honey – lovely to know that all is going ok. You birthday cake looked, and I’m sure tasted, amazing. My Candy Great Dane wants to know why she didn’t get one on her 10th birthday last month!!!! Keep up the good work with your blogs. Love to hear your news, and of course Muesli and your humans….love you.. lots of woofs and licks from Candy. Take care.

16. Mina&Maks&Mo says:

Dear Honey, your eyes look really special and there’s no “ugliness” or anything like that in your face :) You are a damn good looking girl and you’ll be so for many years to come!

Sorry for not commenting earlier, and I still can’t leave a proper comment, but I will catch up with your stories hopefully this evening, also with Hsin-Yi ‘s blog. It has been a bit busy at work whole week, and this weekend I’m attending a great seminar on tracking, so Mo and I are learning new stuff from a very successful Croatian IPO representative (who uses mostly just positive reinforcement) and to me, you know the guy is good, when he finishes the day with “In the end it doesn’t matter what score you got, just that you’ve enjoyed with your dog.” :D .

Well. catch up with you soon, I can’t wait to read more about your new adventure!

Bye,
    Mina

17. I know it’s a bit late to wish you a happy birthday, but it’s still hectic over here… Anyway, it’s great to hear how you’re doing. Hsin-Yi is doing a great job keeping your blog running! It’s never nice when blogs play up like that – last month all the stats telling me who had been checking out my blog just disappeared for a few days, then came back as norml !
    - Jasmine

18. I noticed that the comment box was different. I’m glad they fixed several of the problem you were having, especially the going back to edit comments lol! :) And yes Honey, I think your eyes are still beautiful. :)

19. Jeremy says:

I had a dog that had the same problem once. He was a full blooded Shar Pei. It is a long hard battle to clear this sort of thing up. He went blind eventually, but he could still feel his way around. He was 11 years old when he had to be put down. I had gotten him when he was only 4 weeks. I had to nurse him through to being winged. It was so hard on me to put him to sleep, but he was just so old and had so many health problems. He lasted a lot longer than most Shar Pei do. I certainly hope the greatest dog and friend to us all, will make it through all this just fine. You have been a great sight to ever see on video. To ever think of a dog doing what you have done and brought joy to so many is a totally great thing.