Our Book is PUBLISHED & On Sale Now!!

EEEEEK! We’ve done it! We’ve hit ‘PUBLISH’!!!!!! :P

BHDM1-Amazon-screenshot

Curse of the Scarb (Big Honey Dog Mysteries #1) ebook version is OUT NOW! So hurry and grab your own copy! :P

If you’ve got a Kindle,  iPad, iPhone or other smartphone using the free Kindle App , you can purchase it from:

Amazon.comAmazon.co.uk  |  Amazon.it (Italy) | Amazon.fr (France) | Amazon.de (Germany) | Amazon.co.jp (Japan) | Amazon.com.br (Brazil) | Amazon.es (Spain) | Amazon.ca (Canada) | Amazon.in (India)

If you’ve got a Nook, you can purchase it from:

Barnes & Noble (Nook) | Barnes & Noble UK (Nook)

You can also get it as an EPUB file which works on many eReaders (except Kindle) from Smashwords

* Don’t worry – if you don’t have a Kindle or iPad or smartphone, you can still read it on your laptop or computer. All you have to do is download the free ‘Kindle-for-PC‘ or ‘Kindle-for-Mac‘ software which will let you read ebooks on any computer – and then purchase our ebook from Amazon.

Uploading-ebook-fileMy human, Hsin-Yi, has been very busy since last weekend, uploading the book to all the different eStores & channels…

…it’s taken a couple of days for it to go “live” – and it’s still not up in the Apple iBookstore, Kobo and Sony eStores yet. :roll:

We were originally going to wait for it to be “live” on all the online bookstores before announcing it on my blog…

(* Of course, everybody on the special Big Honey Dog Mysteries mailing list got advance news as soon as the book was out)

…But we’re too excited to wait anymore and just had to tell you all!! :P Besides, it’s almost the end of the week now and we just can’t be bothered to wait for the other sites anymore. Some of them, like Apple, are notorious for taking AGES…!

So we thought we’d share our happy, exciting news first! :D

Publishing-message(And we’ll still let you know as soon as the ebook is available on Apple, Kobo & Sony too – if you prefer to purchase it there.)

It was such an exciting moment when Hsin-Yi hit “PUBLISH”!!

We can’t believe that we only started thinking seriously about self-publishing back in May – only 4 months ago! – and now we’ve got a book out already!

Well, Hsin-Yi says she has practically had no life the last couple of months – hee! hee! – but seeing the book published made it all worth it.

Oh! And we’ve started getting some sales already!! So exciting! :P

ebook-preview-collageHsin-Yi is still working hard – she’s trying to get the paperback version out as soon as possible.

The process to set up Print On Demand (POD) is a bit more complicated – so it might take a couple more weeks for the paperback to be available to buy online. We’ll definitely let you know as soon as it’s out!

And lastly, we just wanted to say thank you SO much again to everybody for your support, your great feedback on the covers & blurb and other book stuff and your enthusiasm & encouragement every step of the way – it’s been so wonderful sharing this adventure with you all. It’s like we all did this together! :P

We hope you’ll continue the adventure with us as Hsin-Yi starts working on the 2nd book of the series. She’ll be asking lots of research questions and people’s opinions on characters and things, especially via the Big Honey Dog Mysteries Facebook Page & the BHDM blog – so make sure you follow those if you’d like to be involved!

Hsin-Yi has written a special note to all my blog friends & followers in the Acknowledgements at the end of the book (OK, she said it did end up being a bit of a Gwyneth Paltrow Oscar acceptance speech in the end! ;-) )

Signature copy

ps. we haven’t forgotten the Giveaway to win a signed copy & custom pet portrait! We’ll be announcing the winners in the next post!

40 Responses to Our Book is PUBLISHED & On Sale Now!!

1. Kate Ice says:

So… um… is it bad that I spent half of my work day yesterday secretly reading the book from both my work computer and smart phone…?? (LOVE the sync up through the Kindle Apps, BTW, makes it easy to pick up reading again from right where I left off on any device!)

Anyway, I just couldn’t help it!!!! I’m also only slightly embarrassed to say that I not only finished it last night, but loved it enough to start reading it all over again just before bed. Out load. To my dog and husband. Sure Josh (my husband) and Chloe (my Dane) were only humoring me at first, but then they got into it too!!

Hsin-Yi, what a wonderful book! I laughed (a lot), I tensed, I squirmed, and yes, despite my best efforts not to, I even shed a couple of tears. From the perspective of an adult reading a children’s book, I can honestly say my only complaint is that it was over too soon. Lucky for me and the rest of your readers, you have promised us more!!! Can’t wait! :D

Oh Kate! I’ve just turned the computer on this morning and your comment has already made my day!! :-) I’m so happy (& relieved!) that you enjoyed it so much – you know, there’s always that nervous moment when you let your book out into the world and think “OMG! What if everybody hates it?!” ;-) So it was lovely to get your comment – and also the various comments from others who have started reading it. One lovely lady messaged me when she got to Chapter 3 saying how much she loved it already! :-)

Oh – and I’m also really happy to hear that you enjoyed it as an adult! I’d always hoped that – although it is officially a middle grade mystery – that I’ve written it in such a way that teen & adult dog lovers can enjoy it too.

OK – I’m trying my best to get the 2nd book written as soon as possible, as I’m hoping to release that one at Christmas! :P (Probably a crazily ambitious plan but we’ll see! :-) And you’ll be one of the first to read it! ;-) )

Thank you so much again!
      Hsin-Yi (& Honey sends slobbers to Chloe!)

2. This is SO EXCITING! I can’t wait to sink my teeth into this book! (Figuratively speaking, of course. I don’t do that. Any more.)
    Play bows,
    Zim

3. Jennifer says:

How exciting! Hsin – Yi must be so relieved yet so anxious at the same time. Congratulations again! Can’t wait to read it and the subsequent books. :-D

Thank you, Jennifer! Yes – it’s been a HUGE, emotional journey ;-) and now that the book is out there, there is all the anxiety over whether people will like it. Although other authors tell me that you can’t please everyone – especially witih books – so you shouldn’t kill yourself trying! ;-)

4. Kate Ice says:

I think I lost my first comment, unless it went into the spam, but I figured I’d post again just to be safe.

Ok… so… is it bad that I spent the entire second half of my work day yesterday secretly reading this book via my work computer and Android phone?? (which, BTW, I LOVE how the Kindle apps allow you to pick up reading on one device right where you left off on another!)

Anyway, I just couldn’t help it! Even more embarrassingly, I managed to not only finish the book by evening, but loved it so much I forced my husband and my dog to listen to me read aloud as I started it over again that night. One page in and they were just as hooked as I was.

Hsin-Yi, what a wonderful book! I love how you preserved your witty writing style, even while simplifying your technique to keep it appropriate for a Children’s book. I laughed (a lot), I cringed, I felt the suspense, and despite my best efforts at holding them back, I even shed a few tears. The characters (and settings) were so well built that I felt an immediate understanding of not only what they looked like and how they acted, but what they were feeling.

As an adult reading a children’s book, my only regret is that it was over too soon. My fault for reading too fast! Lucky for us you have a whole series planned. Can’t wait for Book Number 2!

Oh Kate – your comments did go into the Spam folder…both of them! Sorry! I don’t know why it does that sometimes, but I’ve fished them out now and it’s OK, I don’t mind reading your lovely words a 2nd time – ha! ha! ;-)

Thank you again for making my day!

5. we already got it – just on the last chapter now :)

6. Today is the first day of my two week break so I’m ready to read! Good luck with the book Hsin-Yi. HOpe you get a celebratory lunch with Paul and Honey! No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Love seeing all the “warm fuzzies” coming in for you right now, Hsin-Yi & Honey!!!!

8. Duke says:

Congrats can’t wait to read it!!!

9. Pochi the cat says:

Can’t wait for the hard copy to come out so I can get it for my niece and nephew.

Thank you so much, Pochi! :-) We’ll let everyone know as soon as the paperback editiion is available…hopefully in the next week or so!

10. Rottrover says:

Congratulations, Honey! We are so proud of you! And we can’t wait to read the book!

Your pals,

Bart, Ruby and Otto

11. Elena says:

you must be proud of yourself!

I’m going to read it right now!!!

12. This is so exciting for you and Hsin-Yi, Honey! Congratulations!

Love ya lots♥

13. Sam says:

We’ve purchased our copy and I am planning a blog post to help get the word out!

14. dawn and mikey the grey hound says:

Hi Honey and Hsin-Yi,
    Congratulations on publishing your book. I am not great on the computer so I might have to wait for the paper back version. I must say I am jealous that I am behind the pack in not reading the book. I have enjoyed reading the glowing, and positive comments from your readers. I expected nothing less. I new folks would enjoy your style of writing if one was a Honey fan already. I have a call in to an electronics store to see if I can down load the book on to the gadget that goes into the side of one’s computer to down load the book on. I am still old school with wanting a paper back because then I can share the book with others.
    Again, congratulations on all your hard work and I hope you get a well deserved break before you start the second book. I know you were a big help Honey in the ideas and motivation department.
    Dawn and Mikey the Greyhound

15. dawn and mikey the grey hound says:

Greetings Honey and Hsin-Yi,
    Good news! I read the first three chapters of Honey’s new book at Amazon. I loved what I read and don’t feel as left out as I felt thirty minutes ago about not having the book. The bad part about having read the book is that I am hooked. I don’t think I will be able to wait for the printed version. I love the name Biscuit the Beagle, and that Ruffster has an accent of sorts. My favorite line so far…”keep your dribbling jowls away from me.” Love it! Mikey the Grey HOund likes stories about dogs, especially with amusing names, I hope the part about the scarab doesn’t scare him since he originally is from Egypt. Mikey loves hearing about treats even if he isn’t the one getting the treats and it sounds like there is a lot of discussion about food in Honey’s book. Thanks for the three chapters you made available on-line. I am hooked and almost booked. Will the printed version of the book be on-line or will a book store carry the book? I was surprised the E-Book was so reasonably priced. I know it is your first book, but I thought it should at least be seven dollars since you have costs involved and you deserve a profit. But, alas, this is the beginning of building the Honey Empire, and all will come in due time
    Dawn and Mikey the Grey Hound

Thank you, Dawn, for your lovely comment! We’re so pleased you enjoyed the little sample taster of the book! ;-)

We wanted to make the ebook as accessible as possible to many people, which is why it is priced as it is. Unfortunately, we can’t control the price of the paperback so much because of the printing costs (which are much higher because we are not a big publisher) – so that will have to be more expensive. But we thought this way, at least the ebook can be affordable for anybody who wants to read it.

The printed version will be available to buy online (eg, through Amazon) when it comes out – unfortunately, most bookstores won’t deal with an “indie author” – they will only deal with reps from big publishers. We might be lucky and get a small, independent bookstore to stock our book – if any customers ask for it. But the best way to get it will still be online.

Hsin-Yi is working as fast as she can to get the paperback version out – the process is a bit more complicated than the ebook and so takes a bit longer – but we’re hoping maybe in a week’s time. Anyway, we’ll let everybody know as soon as it’s available!

ps. thanks also for all your lovely comments recently both here & on the Big Honey Dog Mysteries website – Hsin-Yi wants to say sorry that she hasn’t responded to them yet – she’s been really swamped with the book launch – but she’ll get round to it as soon as she can!

I’m so proud of you for sticking with this and getting your book read. Congratulations! And kudos to Paul and Honey for helping you through it.

17. Just wanted you to know your book was the the first I ever purchased for my Kindle App! Can’t wait to read it with my Dane, Libby and others. :)

Oh Libby – we are so very honoured to be your first ebook! :-) Thank you so much for supporting us – we really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the story! :-)

18. jet says:

that is so exciting! might get a chance to read soon!!

19. Fraidy Cats! says:

Concats Honey! we got our copy straightaway and we are really enjoying it! The chapter lead-ins are pawsome – we don’t want to put the book down! We are at chapter 12 but had to take a break for dinner :) now to get back to it… :)

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Aw, thank you, Pip, Smidgen, Minnie & Holly! I’m really keen to hear your thoughts on the story when you finish it – from a cat’s point of view!! ;-)

SLobbers,

• Fraidy Cats! says:

yoW, Honey! we couldn’t help it and stayed up late last night to finish your book. We loved it! ok, we liked the kitty parts best ;) still, the story, characters, and action kept us hooked. we mol’ed a lot :D and parts had our mom’s eyes all leaky. just a pawsome read! we will look forward to more in the series :). purrs,

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Congratulations!!!! This is exciting news!

21. Oh, so exciting!! You must be so proud of yourselves. Of course I bet most of the hard work could not be done without you keeping an eye on proceedings, huh Honey? Mum bought it when she got the mailing list email. We has started reading, although Mum in the middle of a different book of a very different style so she wants to wait until she finished that to get into the juicy parts (Bean has just gone missing). Mum very happy for you and we so pleased all the hard work paid off. We want a signed print copy! hehe!
    ~Lickies, Ludo
    p.s. I letting everyone know my new blog address, http://www.seasideshelties.wordpress.com
    Sorry if you already got it!

Congratulations! Can’t wait the book to be published too! :) I sure hope I can buy it. I’ve noticed that many places need a credit card to buy something (especially abroad). I don’t own one, and I can’t even get one yet :/

-Lilli-

Oh Lilli – I’m sorry about your troubles getting a credit card. Yes, that is a problem as most online stores usually require one…although you can also pay with Paypal, I think, if that is linked to your bank account? Then you wouldn’t need a credit card. Anyway, I do hope you manage to find a way as I would really love you to read it and tell us what you think! :-)

• Lilli says:

I’ve heard that Paypal also would need a credit card O_o I have to investigate that option again :D Or maybe I just ask my partner to buy it for me ;) It would be perfect Birthday or Christmas present :)

-Lilli-

23. Kim says:

Bought it! Read it! Loved it! Left a glowing review! And can’t wait for the paperback version as we’re planning on giving that as a Christmas present to our Great Dane loving friends!

Looking forward to #2 in the series already!

Oh, thank you SO much, Kim!! That was so kind of you to take the time to leave a review – I really appreciate it. :-) And so happy that you enjoyed it. Will definitely let you know when the paperback edition is out (having a bit of delay with the proofs at the moment but still hoping to get it out by next week!)

Thanks – your comment made my day :-)

24. 2browndawgs says:

Congrats! I will have to check it out! Can’t wait.