Quick message from Hsin-Yi!

Hi everybody – I just wanted to say I’m so sorry – we are so behind with visiting blog friends and catching up on your news – and haven’t had much time to log into Facebook in the last few days either…

I feel really terrible as so many of you are still coming to visit us and leave comments and I know we’ve just been terrible blog friends lately, with not returning any of your visits. :-( I wanted to start catching up tonight but it’s nearly midnight now here in Perth so I think I’m going to have to leave it until tomorrow (again! :roll:) – this is what’s been happening every day for the past week!!

I thought things would settle down a bit after the book was published but life just seems to have got more hectic and I’m now struggling to juggle keeping up with Honey’s blog and Facebook, and daily chores,  together with the demands of book marketing & promotion…and also writing the next book. (And Paul’s mother’s arriving from the UK for a visit next week so have to prepare for that!) I’m finding it all a bit overwhelming, to tell you the truth.

Since the writing has been going well in the last couple of days, I’ve been prioritising my time towards that (you gotta grab it when it’s flowing, before you’re hit by writer’s block again!) and by the time I’ve finished for the day and sit down at the computer after dinner at 8/9pm in the evenings, I often feel too drained & exhausted to do much… so please forgive me if I haven’t responded to your message or email or comment yet or haven’t been keeping up with your news on your blog/Facebook – I’m trying to get through a few every night but some nights, I just got the energy to do anything other than lie on the sofa & watch a repeat of Fringe! ;-)

Anyway, I know I keep saying this but I really do hope to come round & catch up on your news soon. And I know we’re also very behind on some blog posts (still haven’t done the ‘Confessions of a Senior Dog Part 2′ – on Honey’s hydrotherapy adventures! It’s just that, that post has a lot of video footage to include and it takes me hours to edit & put together a good movie, which I just haven’t got the time for now…) but I AM planning to catch up on those too. (I just wish I didn’t need to sleep! I could do so much with 6 more hours in a day!! ;-) )

And don’t worry – Honey is very well and enjoying life as usual, going on her daily walks, snoozing in the sun, enjoying yummy treats…

…speaking of which, I’ll leave you with a picture of Honey & Muesli waiting for their After-Dinner Cookie! :P

~ Hsin-Yi
ps. OK, that wasn’t that “quick” after all…that’s my problem: I can never write a short message!! ;-)

Honey+Muesli-wait-cookie

22 Responses to Quick message from Hsin-Yi!

1. Nicole says:

Cute picture, take a breather before you burn out.

2. Toni Etim says:

They are both cute waiting so good !

3. cafall says:

We don’t mind! We know life gets pretty busy from time to time.

Monty and Harlow

4. Kat says:

We love you Honey and Hsin- Yi! Don’t stress! We shall wait for your updates! Oh! My human bought your book on amazon and now is waiting for it to arrive to South America (she refuses to read e-books – she likes to hold books and turn pages)
    Lady and Kat

Relax! :) Like I might have said earlier, beware the bad burn out thing! Looks like you have a lot of things to do. I do know that it’s difficult to try and prioritize the things in life, especially when you would like to do all of the fun things and then there’s also the things you need to do. I’m kinda struggling with the same thing. It feels like I can’t do anything else but school work and socialize when I should also have time just for myself. Watch a movie, make some Christmas presents and cards and especially read! Luckily I have a autumn break next week (well, actually it’s self studying week, but I don’t have much school work to do, luckily, although I do need to read some set books). I’m going to just watch some TV and read a good book.

6. It’s always so nice to see pictures of you, Honey and Muesli ☺ We understand how busy Hsin-Yi is. No worries!

Love ya lots♥

7. Dorothy S in Michigan says:

I’m glad Paul’s mother is going to go see you. Have you seen your side of the family lately Hsin – Yi?

8. Amor says:

Just passing by and want to say hello!!
    I just came on YouTube and discovered Honey.so loving. I myself, two weeks ago lost my beautiful sweetheart who has leaved with us for only 9 yrs. She left us with a broken heart and still missing her each day. In your video, I think you mentioned about Honey being diagnosed with heart disease maybe you can check Amanda Banting’s website which I found when I was searching on the internet a solution to save my dog but time has run short for me. So, here;s the website- http://caninehearthealth.com/five leaf pharmacy inc. I’ve read so many good reviews from so many people curing their dogs heart disease and such preventing euthanasy. If this could help I will be most happy for I know what it is to love your dog so dearly and losing her because of some illness.
    Warmest regards.
    Amor

9. Kate Ice says:

No Worries Hsin-Yi!

Life is like piling food on my plate at Christmastime. Everything looks so tasty that I don’t want to miss out on anything, so I keep trying to fit it all onto my plate at once. Unfortunately, as soon as I shove that last bit of stuffing onto one side a piece of turkey falls off the other! That’s when it’s time to just focus on what’s already on my plate and then go back for seconds later. Once I have more room on my plate I can dish up all the cranberries and green bean casserole I was missing the first time around. But I LOVE cranberries and green bean casserole, so even though they came second, it doesn’t make them any less important. Sometimes, I even save the best for last. ;)

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m totally ok with being on your second plate. However, reading back through this I’m not convinced I’ve done anything other than make myself quite hungry. Still, I hope you can make some sense of what I’ve just written, or at least get a good laugh out of it! :P

10. Howdy Hsin-Yi, don’t worry mate. Friends don’t have to be around all the time. We just catch up when we can and carry on as usual!! Take care. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

11. hylasgirl says:

Hi Honey! I’ve just finished ALL of your blog. Yes, all of it… in the last few days. Whew :) You have a great sense of humor! That’s not to say that you aren’t attractive too :)

I have a fawn colored Great Dane arriving in a few weeks and I am so glad that your Humans have documented so many great, informative things (the good and the bad:) I’ve just purchased a few of the books you recommended. I am also looking into a good training facility where we can begin our learning adventures together. I’ve also ordered the largest dog bed available on the free market. I think you would approve Honey :) It seems I better think about some slobber towels too :) (I personally think those are ribbons of love:)

I had to laugh about the FAQ and the person asking about getting 2 Danes at once. I am often amazed at people. I love your Human’s honest advice to normal and crazy people.

I hope I hear from you sometime! Like your Human mum, I’ve ALWAYS wanted a fawn colored, Great Dane. I’ve waited a long time also! Maybe us girls that weren’t allowed any animals as children have a lot in common :) I am one of those Humans that always seem to attack any Great Dane I see because I love them so! But, I’ve learned I need to have better manners after reading your blog. I’m sure I’m about to find out just how crazy people are when they see such an gorgeous doggie like yourself!

We’ve had a very very bad year here in Utah, and I think my Male Human Partner thinks the new baby is going to help me having someone to take care of. Fingers crossed for me and our new baby Steve.

I can’t wait to see more photos of you and Muesli!

Oh we understand!

Please tell Hsin-yi she doesn’t have to apologize or explain. We all have lives that get in the way of other things.

14. It’s OK our blogging tends to be irregular and sometimes too long before visiting with our friends.

We will wait while you work on your new book. Inspiration must needs be taken where it arises! I love the cookie-waiting picture. You made me smile.

xoxo Marjie

PS: Mango’s Momma wrote a review of your book, too, and she loved it!

16. dmpfromri says:

No worries Hsin-Yi! Have a wonderful visit with Paul’s mom, and try to carve out just a little time for yourself – and remember to just BREATHE!

Your friends,

Diane and Indy Bones

17. Andrea says:

I’m working on my own book right now and had to put it down because of the stress. I understand exactly how you feel! We know you come visit sooner or later, and that’s good enough for us. :)

If you can find the time, do you think you could give a quick shout out for a fundraiser my boss and I are doing? An elderly gentleman we know developed gangrene in his legs and is feeling very sicky. He might not even make it. :( His nurse had to call him an ambulance and the only thing he could think about while waiting to be rushed to the hospital was how to take care of his only companion, a pug.

He called me, and I’ve been taking care of her ever since. Unfortunately I took her to the vet for an unrelated issue (obesity) and the vet found a fractured tooth split all the way to the gumline.

The owner can’t afford the $1,000 vet bill to make Dayzee comfortable again, so my boss and I are trying to raise the money for him. We’re doing the very best we can but can’t do it alone. Will you help spread the word?

Thanks so much and sorry to bother you. I just don’t want her to suffer anymore. :(

18. April Sawler says:

Take a breather and don’t worry about us we’ll still be here (speaking for myself)! So happy for you being the big Indie author now……slow down and enjoy your success! Hi Honey and Muesli, how is Spring on your side of the world? Have fun.

The important thing is that you are all well, and that you are writing!